Tuesday 25 February 2014

Tri-Polish Tuesdays - February round four

This week is a goodbye to brown, grey and pink that were the theme for this month. I can't say that I am sad for them to leave, especially that in March I will get to play with my favourite colours!


Polishes used: Nars Super Orgasm, Essence Wanna Say Hello, Technic Lustre


For this last manicure, I actually broke, and only used two colours. It's permissible, but I still feel bad about it. Still, I just couldn't find any inspiration for a grey, so I ended up using only pink, brown and a bit of gold as one of the allowed extras.

Pink, brown and gold manicure
I opted for a simple manicure, driven by the pink and gold NARS Super Orgasm. I used it on my accent finger, and painted the rest with the gorgeous chocolate brown Essence Wanna Say Hello. Then I created a reverse glitter gradient with the gold glitter that matched the fine glitter in the NARS polish.

Tri-polish challenge manicure
It's a very simple manicure, but I just couldn't find any inspiration when I was making it. And then my bottle of Picture Polish Aurora arrived, so I probably wore this for less than 3 hours :D

Polishes I used:
  • NARS Super Orgasm - a pale, salmon pink crelly with fine gold glitter. Opaque in two coats, and reasonably easy to apply, even with a mini brush. I found it in a charity shop, and that's probably the only reason I own it. It promises pretty and has a very boastful name, but doesn't seem to deliver on the nail.
  • Essence Wanna Say Hello - the most delicious, shiny and opaque chocolate brown. I wanted to nibble on my nails, it's so much like milk chocolate. The application is a dream, it's opaque in tow coats, although you can get away with one thicker one. I love the wide rounded Essence brush.
  • Technic Lustre - a fine, uniform gold glitter in a lightly tinted yellow base. It's cheap, and a bit boring, but it worked for this manicure.
Thanks for looking!

Check out other Tri-Polish manicures below:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for all your comments! I read and appreciate them all :)